Walking Home

 Group Pic Return to 1849 Marshall

Group Pic Return to 1849 Marshall

On January 31, we gathered for our last time of corporate worship at 1935 Princeton Avenue. When the Sunday Gathering ended, we packed up our things and walked to our new home – three years to the Sunday from when we walked away from 1849 Marshall Avenue.

 Last Time At Princeton

Last Time At Princeton

We walked east on Princeton Avenue to Fairview Avenue, and then turned north to walk to Marshall Avenue. The walk is a little over one mile and took about 20 minutes. Once we arrived at 1849 Marshall, everyone gathered in front of the meetinghouse doors for a group picture – another historic moment captured in front of these building doors (see picture at top of the post).

 Walk Back To Marshall

Walk Back To Marshall

We dispersed from the picture and then celebrated in the fellowship hall by eating some chili, which is also what we enjoyed together three years ago before leaving 1849 Marshall. We ended our time together with our Annual Meeting, which concluded with us walking around the building to pray for those who would be blessed by the Lord in this place.

While walking up Fairview, a neighbor coming down the sidewalk looked at all the people walking behind me and said, "You have a big family." This tongue-in-cheek comment is more accurate than this neighbor realized. Like any local church, Trinity City Church is a family of brothers and sisters because our Father adopted us as sons and daughters in Christ through the work of the Holy Spirit.

Now this family owns a home. What a gift from our Lord – this building, this walk, this entire experience! The celebration continues on Sunday, February 7th. We're inviting everyone to our Homecoming Celebration at 10am. Come join us! We'll have bagpipes, Izzy's ice cream, and best of all the Lord Jesus to share.

 Chili in the Fellowship Hall at 1849 Marshall

Chili in the Fellowship Hall at 1849 Marshall

_______

Posted by Pastor Bryan Lair